10 Dec 2020 (Thur), 10:30 - 12:00 h
UK-Germany Tech for Good Talks:
Technology has the power to drive change for the benefit of society. An increasing number of companies are focused on delivering better solutions that are driven by social mission and impact. Businesses and entrepreneurs recognise their responsibility to society.
COVID-19 has sent shockwaves through the economy and society but where restrictions have kept people apart, innovative and inspiring technological solutions have brought communities together. ‘Tech for good’ can deliver growth and prosperity, while solving major social and environmental problems and creating resilient economies.
The UK and Germany have outstanding tech for good ecosystems. In the UK there are over 490 companies driving this movement valued at over £2.3bn. Tech for good does not require foregoing profit to have a positive impact.
British Minister of State Caroline Dinenage and German Minister of State Dorothee Bär will welcome you to the event.
Following the opening remarks, you will have the opportunity to meet fellow contributors from the Tech for Good ecosystem, and participate in interactive discussions about the following topics:
● Ethics & Tech for Good
● Collaboration in Tech for Good
● Scaling Tech for Good Businesses
● Environmental Sustainability & Tech for Good
For the discussions we will be joined by:
● Kenza Ait Si Abbou Lyadini: Author, Expert in AI & Robotics, Germany
● Julia Kloiber: Managing Director at Superr Lab, Germany
● Bernhard Kowatsch: Head of Innovation Accelerator, United Nations World Food Programme, and co-founder of ShareTheMeal, Germany
● Peter Baeck: Head of the Centre for Collective Intelligence Design, NESTA, UK
● Olivia Sibony: CEO and co-founder of SeedTribe and GEP Dealmaker, UK
● Patrick Cooper: Head of Consulting, Auticon Ltd, UK
● Julie Dawson: Director of Regulatory & Policy at Yoti, UK
● Jennifer Bofinger-Schuster: Senior Vice President for Sustainability and Cities at Siemens, Germany
Find more information & register here:
Link (neues Fenster)
Events Overview ...